- This event has passed.
Women’s Business Summit
March 29 @ 11:30 am - March 30 @ 5:00 pm CDT
In honor of Women’s History Month, SBA’s Office of Women’s Business Ownership and the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center invite you to participate in the 2022 Women’s Business Summit.
Please join the US Small Business Administration for power-packed panels, inspirational fireside chats, and ‘Ask an Expert’ workshops to help you build, scale, and grow your business.
Please note the Summit’s fireside chats, keynotes, panels, and Ask an Expert sessions will take place virtually from March 29 – 30, 2022.
We will regularly update the event page and registrants’ virtual attendee pages with speaker announcements and the schedule as we get closer to the event.
We look forward to engaging with you throughout the Summit!
Stay tuned for exciting speaker announcements!
Featured Fireside Chats
Panels & Discussion Topics
- Innovation and Investment: Women are underrepresented in the STEM fields and high-tech startups and subsequently obtain VC funding at disproportionally lower rates than their male colleagues. Women of color are even less represented in both categories. This panel will highlight programs and organizations to support increasing access for women in obtaining funding for their high-tech startups.
- Building an Equitable Recovery Framework for Women Entrepreneurs: The pandemic is another example of how disasters exacerbate existing inequalities. Women dropped out of the workforce at greater numbers than men and have had unequal job recovery. This panel will discuss the inclusive approach needed to support a sustainable return to the workforce for women.
- From Essential Worker to Essential Entrepreneur: CARE Economy Entrepreneurship Opportunities: The pandemic reminded us the irreplaceable role caretakers play in our lives. From caring for children to elders, caretakers are foundational to our families and the workplace. This panel will discuss the challenges and opportunities in the CARE economy and how SBA is supporting CARE entrepreneurs.
- The $100B Marketplace: Contracting Opportunities for Women-led Firms: The U.S. is the largest purchaser of goods in the world. In 1994, Congress authorized a goal for 5% of all federal contracts to go to WOSBs, a goal that has only been met twice. This panel will provide an overview of the complex world of federal contracting, the WOSB certification program, and how to increase the amount of federal contracts going to WOSBs.
- Exporting & E-Commerce: International markets are a significant challenge for small business owners who often don’t have the tools or knowledge to successfully find and access new customers. This panel will host SBA and its partners as they talk about the relationships and programs they are building to support entrepreneurs as they enter new markets.
- The Changing Landscape for the Entertainment Industry: The entertainment industry was especially hard hit throughout the pandemic. These businesses experienced unprecedented disruptions that threatened not only their livelihoods but also the entire industry. Philanthropic and government programs were created to support these industries and enable business owners to stay afloat. We will convene industry leaders to consider how their work has fundamentally changed and what they see for the future.