GET EXPERT SUPPORT!
Whether you are at the beginning of your entrepreneurial journey, currently growing an established business, representing a business support or startup development organization, or are interested in providing capital to diverse ventures, please fill out the relevant form below and we will connect you with one of the Business Support Organizations (BSO) in our ecosystem to help you!
ON-DEMAND TRAINING & RESOURCES
GET LEGAL & FINANCIAL ASsISTANCE
Are you a Minority-Owned Business or Minority Entrepreneur Seeking Pro Bono Legal Assistance?
BEAMW is pleased to announce our partnership with Husch Blackwell to offer pro bono legal services to minority businesses in the Greater Houston MSA. For support, click here to learn more about the program, then scroll down that page and click “Next” to start your application. For the question “How did you hear about us?” select “Other” and enter BEAMW as your referral partner.
Houston OBO: HOUSTON SMALL BUSINESS LEGAL CONSULTATIONS
The City of Houston Office of Business Opportunity and participating law firms have partnered to provide you with FREE consultations via telephone with lawyers assisting Houston area small businesses.
To sign up for a one (1) hour session with an attorney, click here to download and complete the Fillable Intake form and Waiver (.pdf) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit the OBO website. Your form will be screened by a law firm or employee of the City of Houston. If accepted to the program, you will be contacted by a Volunteer Attorney within one week of acceptance.
Participating firms include Vinson & Elkins, Akin Gump, Arnold & Porter, Blank Rome, DLA Piper, Fish & Richardson, Greenberg Traurig, Hunton Andrews Kurth, Kilpatrick Townsend, Kirkland & Ellis, Latham & Watkins, Mayer Brown, Morgan Lewis, Norton Rose Fulbright, Orrick, Perkins Coie, Sidley Austin, Simpson Thacher, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, and Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP.
Do you want help with your financial strategy, pricing, access to capital, credit counseling, and other financial topics?
If you are the proprietor/founder/owner or other authorized representative of a Minority- and/or Woman-Owned Business (MWB) in the Greater Houston MSA and you need assistance navigating financial topics such as pricing and financial strategy, growth strategy, access to capital, or credit counseling to grow your business, please connect with any of the business support organizations (BSOs) below to connect with a financial counselor in the BEAMW alliance!
WE AIM TO SERVE MINORITY & WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS’ MOST CRITICAL NEEDS, INCLUDING:
- Coordination and Navigation: Help MWBEs understand and navigate the support ecosystem.
- In-Depth Services: Help Business Support Organizations (BSOs) directly serve MWBEs.
- Personal Networks: Connect diverse business owners with potential customers and investors.
- Financial Preparedness: Ensure MWBEs have the business and financial planning tools/skills needed to access financing and new markets.
- Personal Credit: Offer credit-building services to diverse founders and entrepreneurs.
- Alternative and Innovative Capital: Increase the volume of and access to alternative and innovative capital, creating incentives for partnerships between lenders and other sources.
- Microloans: Meet businesses’ needs for smaller funding at critical stages.